With Safer® Brand Diatomaceous Earth Ant and Crawling Insect Killer, you can leave bugs dead in the dust without applying any chemicals. This product kills many types of crawling insects within 48 hours. In fact, you’ll see insect activity decrease in minutes! You can use this product inside your home, outside in gardens, or on patios and walkways. It lasts as long as it’s kept dry. Diatomaceous earth (DE) is a dust-like product that contains crushed fossilized algae (diatoms) from fresh water. These crushed diatoms feel like powder when you rub it in your hand. However, it’s very sharp to insects with delicate exoskeletons. When you apply DE, dust is ingested by the crawling insect or the insect crosses through the powder. The DE will cut their exoskeleton. This causes the insect to dehydrate and die. Insects cannot develop a resistance to this product, since there are no chemicals to which they can build up immunity.
- Kills ants by dehydration or ingestion within 48 hours of contact
- Ready to use directly from the container
- Odorless and non-staining
- Kills a variety of crawling insects, including bedbugs, cockroaches, ants, and earwigs
- Reapply after watering or rain